What do we usually do on the first day of the year? It feels strange to start the year knowing that I will not be able to get back to my usual work routine. And the sad part is that I still can't fathom that this is really happening. I will surely miss the office and my baby--Sugbo News. How time flies! (Deep sigh) I can still remember the first time we work on our first publication. We labored hard for it. Together with two other 'girls', Cheryl and Reggie, we painstakingly handpicked the photos and of the stories printed. I can still remember how proud we were when we saw the dummy. Years passed, the girls left and more and more people came and then left...I served at least three editors and had acted as one when there was no one,and through all the hurdles, conflicts and issues... I remained. It is more than just my love for Sugbo News, I enjoyed working because I did not feel that I was working at all. On my first year, I was able to travel around Cebu...scratching a big part of my bucket list. And little did I know that years after, I get to travel abroad and visit one of the countries that I used to represent in UN Day in grade school--Chile. And of the country that I used to google-- Brazil. For the past five years in Sugbo News, I encountered and learned a lot of firsts:I learned how to take photos & act like a photojournalist brushing elbows with people I only read in the papers (whom are now my good friends and one who eventually became closer to my heart), I learned Adobe softwares by just sitting beside Pamie for hours, I travelled around Cebu and the country, I dined in hotels and slept in different resorts, I learned that our government is really at work...and I can write more if only I am not using my mobile phone in typing this. I am sad. But, as they say...life goes on. I can only hope that months from now, Sugbo News will be printed again. Of the events that occured in the last week, I am disheartened and felt like being slapped hard in the face of the reality of how dirty politics can be. I love my job and I know my allegiance. I know who my bosses are and will continue to stand by it.Last Christmas, I hugged gov and wished her a merry Christmas. I am always emotional, I cry over petty things-even movies-but I tried to hide my swelling eyes... This year, I am planning on setting another career path...I am excited and the same time nervous. I have not updated my resume for a long time. I wonder if the questions will still be the same. HaaaayGo, go, 2013! Be good to me! P.S. Pardon my typo errors and the likes. Gamay kaayo ang font sa phone. HuhuhuhuhuhEmo me, signing off.
No comments:
Post a Comment